The Digital Media Zone is available to all entrepreneurs, not just those affiliated with Ryerson University. Admission is competitive, and we strive to create a fertile entrepreneurial community representing a rich variety of sectors and innovators.
Please carefully review our Eligibility Criteria below to make sure your venture is a good fit before you apply to enter the Digital Media Zone at Ryerson University.
The application process is different for Ryerson versus non-Ryerson entrepreneurs. The amount of time it takes to complete the process and possibly gain entry to the DMZ depends primarily on where you are with your business and our ability to accommodate your team.
To enter the DMZ you must have:
- A unique and innovative business idea, enabled by digital media, that brings commercial or social value
- A comprehensive business plan and a prototype for your idea
- A business idea and team that fits with the DMZ’s collaborative community
- A business idea that builds on Ryerson’s reputation as a driver of leading edge education and experiential learning
A Few Notes on the Application Process
- The application process is very detailed and will include everything you would expect to find in a business plan
- Don’t worry, you do not have to complete the application form in one session. You can save your application at any point and come back to it at a later date
- Be sure to click “Save” if you need to take a break
- Please make sure all fields are filled in and accurate before you finally hit submit. Once you do this, you cannot change your application
- Once you have submitted the application form, it will take around six weeks before you find out whether you have been invited to pitch to the Steering Committee
If you have any questions about eligibility, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.